Sunday, December 28, 2008

Rubber Stamp Inquiry

Combing over the selection of rubber stamps at the local craft stores always inspires ideas. But the last time I was there I saw some stamps that baffled me. When I think of buying a rubber stamp, I'm thinking of how versatile it is; How many times can I use it, and on how many different projects?

Who buys the oversized cartoon stamp that says,"I'm smiling because you're my sister. I'm laughing because there's nothing you can do about it." It would seem the creator/purchaser of the stamp is planning on sending his/her sister the same birthday card every year for the rest of her life. Or maybe he/she is planning to taunt her on a daily basis, crazily stamping the same image and phrase on every surface in the house- windows, walls, plates, toilet-until the sister is driven mad. That, or he/she has an endless supply of sisters. Creepy.

I don't know. I just can't see buying a pricey stamp that doesn't have reusability appeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment