Sunday, February 1, 2009

Purlina Purlizkova

It's Superbowl Sunday and it's quiet on the streets of the University campus neighborhood. Per is at the skate park skating and I'm home alone on this gorgeous, sunny, warm first day of February. I decided today was the day to learn to purl, so I took up my knitting, my "Stitch 'n Bitch" book, and a short video from YouTube.com.

Well, not only am I purling, but I am now proficient at the stockinette stitch, ribbing, and seed stitch! I made a really fun swatch that has several rows of each of these stitches. I can use it as a reference in the future... and it looks neat!

I just sent out my first invitation for a Stitch n' Bitch right here at my own place. I'm looking forward to seeing my girlfriends and continuing on the almighty path of the kneedle!

No comments:

Post a Comment