Monday, January 23, 2012

DIY Tile Coasters

I recently came across several tutorials for DIY tile coaster and couldn't wait to try them! (Here are a couple (12) of the tutorials I referenced to make my coasters.)

The idea that really caught my eye was using paint color swatches as the focal point of the coasters. I decided to make three sets of coasters as Christmas gifts, each individualized to the couple receiving them. I ended up making one set of paint swatch coasters, one set of map coasters, and one set using vintage paperback book covers.

Here are some pictures of how they turned out:

Two complete sets, the books in the background, and (my husband's hand) cutting foam bottoms. 

Map of Santa Barbara, California

Paint swatches

Two of the vintage book covers I used.

No comments:

Post a Comment